Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Feb. 20-26, 2011


02/20/2011: Ran Harriskat, Cadot, Old Dublin Rd, Kings Hwy again with some reconing to the West of the Cadot Trail on a snowshoe trail someone had left behind. Still not sure about the exact location of the Cadot Trail. Beautiful weather again; sunny, 20 or so degrees and a light breeze. 1:17, 6.0 miles, 1,100' vert (conservative estimates)


02/22/2011:  Ran up Skatutakee by the Harriskat Trail. The snow has packed down nicely with snowshoes and some melt-freeze cycles. I felt it is the closest that New England gets to creamy, windy singletrack. 0:39, 3.0 miles, 650' vert.

Weekly Summary: 9.0 miles, 1750' vert.

I am feeling the need to start training. Especially with the realization that I would like to be attempting the Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim in a month and a half. I know I have kept a good base so now I need to start putting in the time to build up to some mileage again with a small taper before the big run. I think it will be tight but I do have the time off coming up (this is my last week at Mt. Sunapee and I am shooting to leave the Northeast on March 14th).

No comments:

Post a Comment