Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Jan. 30-Feb. 05, 2011

Winter Wild at Ragged Mountain




02/05/2011: Winter Wild race at Ragged Mountain. We ran/skied up Flying Yankee and down Cardigan ski strails. I ran in the open class but the other classes were track skis, telemark skis, and heavy metal (snowboard, AT). Ran 3rd place in the 30 to 39 age group despite being 29 still. I think I would have placed better if I were in the 19-29 age group. My dad was there and thought that I placed between 15 and 20th overall out of 80 racers maybe over all classes. 0:24:56, 3.0 miles, 1,000' vert.

Weekly Run Summary: 3.0 miles, 1,000'

The results have been posted for the race. I came in 19th place out of 114 people over the four classes. I look better as third in the 30-39 age group with more than 10 entrants than I would as second in the 19-29 age group with three entrants. So I am going to leave it as it is. Now I am looking forward to Pat's Peak (if I don't have to work) and Sunapee (signed up for it today).


I was pretty impressed with this whole event. The timing was good and the atmosphere was awesome. There were a bunch of people there with the right attitude (there to have fun) and it only cost 20 bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment