Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Feb. 27, - Mar. 05, 2011


03/01/2011: Harriskat trail plus a little down the Cadot trail and back. I snowshoes the trail last night while it was soft and it set up well. Unfortunately one snowshoer going back and forth was not enough to make a well packed trail. It was getting annoying toward the end of the descent to be postholing every couple steps. But at least I was not on roads and I got some vert. 0:54, 3.25 miles, 700' vert.

03/02/2011: Harriskat trail and back then down to the corner of Kings Hwy and Old Dublin Rd and back. I've chewed up the Harriskat pretty well. It could use a melt and refreeze. 1:02, 4.5 miles, 1,000' vert.




03/05/2011: Series Finale of the Winter Wild race series held at Sunapee. It was awesome seeing the mountain in a different way. Ran up Elliot, down to the Bowl, and up Williamson to the top. Then ran down Ridge to the bottom. There was much greater length and much more vert. Hurt a bit going up. I tried to keep my body at the red line by walking the rollers and running the "flatter"'sections but it is a long course that wore on me after a while. Felt pretty good coming down. Placed 24th out of 133 and third in my age group but only because they put me in the 30-39 age group. 0:42:20, 4.25 miles, 1,500' vert.

Weekly Summary: 12.0 miles, 3,200' vert.

This week marked the last week of work at Mount Sunapee for this season. I think I will be pretty excited to return next year. The most enjoyable thing about working for Mt. Sunapee this year was that I could just work hard and when I left work I had no issues to bring home (except for when I worked Lift Operations or the Learning Center).

With work done I am excited to start training in earnest for this summer's race schedule. I feel it is a bit late to start training for the Grand Canyon and I will just play it week-by-week as to whether I will run it in April. The real priority will be the Collegiate Peaks Trail Run (50 miler) on May 7th. I should have enough time to train for that. 

Next week I am planning on leaving to head west again. I am pretty excited to be have time off again along with the money that I earned at the resort. I will be much happier when I have a cap on my truck as most of the other things I want to tie up before leaving have been completed. 

There it is in a nutshell!

No comments:

Post a Comment