Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Feb. 06-12, 2011


02/09/2011: Skatutakee by the Harriskat Trail, out and back. Brisk temps (in the single digits) led to some beautiful views at the top. Was hoping to do the full loop but I was at the mercy of whoever broke trail last weekend and they only climbed Skatutakee. Some trouble with the Microspikes made me unhappy. I'll keep an eye on it. If the rubber is stretching they will be found in the garbage soon. 0:50, 3.0 miles, 650' vert.

02/11/2011: Crotched Mountain Town Forest, Bullard Hill out-and-back by the Link and Snowmobile Trail (Bullard Hill Trail). Packed down fairly well - especially on the snowmobile trail. Good running in my Microspikes. I am starting to think that it is deeper powder and denser snow - like wind slab or a slightly packed trail - that causes the toe of the Microspikes to slide off to the outside of my foot. 0:52, 4.5 miles, 400' vert.

Weekly Summary: 7.5 miles, 1,050' vert.

Better mileage this week. Didn't have many days off and we made snow during two of the nights. The schedule was less than ideal. Looking forward to time off this spring and a proper training schedule. Still though, it was nice to get out this week as much as I did!

Getting close to time that I started training for this year's 100. I have had a good base all winter long so I should be starting in better condition than last year. To train for Leadville, I started training March 25th with some really low mileage weeks that slowly increased in length. This year I will be starting earlier with more mileage. Should be pretty good this spring.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment