Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Feb. 13-19, 2011


02/15/2011: Skatutakee by Harriskat, Cadot, Old Dublin Road, Kings Highway. Windy and temps in the teens. Cadot trail was not packed well by whoever snowshoed it. Felt like I was following Bigfoot because I needed to hop from footprint to footprint. Who snowshoes like that? The South side of Skatutakee is open (worth checking out on skis!) and much sunnier today. Between yesterday and today the sun has my vitamin d production up. 0:56, 4.8 miles, 1,000' vert.

02/19/2011: Ran my second race in the Winter Wild series. This time we ran up Pats Peak where I learned to alpine ski in middle school. It has been a long while. We ran up Puff to the peak of the Valley Chair and then cut up onto Twister (a black diamond trail) to the summer. We ran down Zepher And breeze to the bottom. It was fun and fast. I was passed by one runner on the descent but got my place back on the short climb back to the finish. I don't think I placed in my age group but I am waiting for the results to see if they even counted me properly. 0:19:11, 2.25 miles, 700' vert.

Weekly Summary: 7.05 miles, 1,700' vert.

Well not my longest week. Both times I ran I had it in my head that the runs were longer in distance, but when I went to the maps and double checked I was slightly disappointed. My running times, though, are more accurately in tune with the real distances and not the "distances in my head."

Regardless, I am happy with this week's running. The results are in and I placed well in the third race of the four race series Winter Wild: 16th overall out 121 racers, 4th in the 19-29 age group in the "Open" class. The races are composed of four classes (Open, Track Skis, Telemark Skis, Heavy Metal) that use the same course that is one lap up the ski area and back down. The uphill is generally done on a steep trail and the descent is generally done on lower angle trail. I am very happy that I was able to compete this week as it is the start of Massachusetts vacation week and working at a ski area needs almost all hands on deck.

It has been a long week mentally, emotionally but not so much physically. It was actually a good week soak up some of the sun's rays. It is the mark that Spring is coming. I am looking forward to much more running and starting to plan my trip back west. Financially, I am in pretty good shape but I do not yet have a cap on my truck. I will need one before I leave so we shall see what happens with that.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment