Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekly Run Log - June 26-July 02, 2011




06/26/2011: Ran Mosquito Pass for the first time this year. I had a little snow to wade through on two ofthe switchbacks but otherwise it was clear! I took several pictures on the way up which slowed me down but I was also able to run the entire distance. If it was because I stopped to take the pictures I don't know but I was hydrated thanks to seeing Brenden and Peter at the trailhead. A lot of fun and beautiful weather. Felt great on the legs as well! The time and distance are also longer due to forgetting to put sunblock on and turning around to come back and get it. 2:07, 8.0 miles, 2,150' vert.

06/27/2011: Had an awesome run on the Turquoise Lake Trail. :30 out and back at a fast pace. I think it was because I ran Mosquito Pass yesterday that running the flat smooth singletrack felt so effortless. What a day! 1:01, 6.5 miles, 150' vert.





06/29/2011: A big day. Mt. Sherman by way of Mosquito Pass Road to Evans Summit, under Dyer's Northeast face, up Gemini's minor peak and over to Sherman's Summit. Then ran back. I ran a that I could but there was more talus than I thought and the ridge between Evans and Dyer was Third and a little Fourth Class. The talus and ridge turned out to be a big time suck. The original plan was to run Dyer as well but time was not on my side as I got a late start (10:20, my fault) and buildup was happening. The clouds spit at me a little while I was on the technical ridge but the sun was out on my descent down Mosquito Pass Road.

For the most part I felt fine. I was definitely feeling those two beers I had last night as I climbed the switchbacks on Mosquito Pass Rd. But once I hit the ridge there was just good ol' fashioned running pains: joint issues that traveled around and muscular pain. 4:38, 14.0 miles , 4,000' vert.

07/02/2011: Leadville Marathon Day. Ran up CR3 to "Resurrection" aid station. Untimed, 8.2 miles, 1,000' vert.


Weekly Summary: 36.7 miles, 7,300' of climb.


Finally feeling good and back to a mileage that is increasing weekly. Let's hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment