Friday, July 15, 2011

Post Hardrock 2011

So all that planning and preparing came to fruition and now I have run an Aid Station from beginning to end! I am excited to say that it was a success. Many folks have thanked me for the amazing aid station including the runners, the Aid Station Coordinator and the Run Director. It was great to be a part of this event. Hopefully someday I will be in a position to be able to run it myself.



There was a fair amount of confusion early in the day but once the aid station was set up, it ran pretty smoothly. All it took was the preparation of the foods and letting the volunteers know their jobs. Now that I have seen the process I will be able to create a more effective aid station with several ideas that I would like to put in place for the next running: emailing the volunteers with a better idea of the jobs (with definitions) and taking requests to do certain jobs in response, an earlier start, taking into account the direction of course and guessing at the runners' needs better.

I am looking forward to next year already in whatever form it takes. Here's to next year at the Hardrock!

No comments:

Post a Comment