Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekly Run Log - July 03-09, 2011





07/03/2011: Ran up Cataract Gulch on the Hardrock race route. Splits weren't very exact but I think I ran 1:45 to the junction with the CDT/CT and 1:15 back down. The other :15 or so minutes was spent on a wild goose chase to where the CT/CDT cross the stream in the drainage south of Half Peak (The head of Pole Creek). 3:16, 11.0 miles, 2,600' vert.



07/09/2011: Went out to run the start of the counter clockwise Hardrock while I was waiting for runners to finish. I wanted to check it out while the course was still torn up from 140 runners running across it. It was not as torn up as I thought it was going to be. The start is a low traversing singletrack trail that rolls al the way to Arrastra Gulch. At Arrastra I got confused with the race course and was grown off by the large amount of vehicular traffic traversing back by Legal Tender Mine and continued up to about 10,700' where the road crosses Blair Creek. I turned around and descended at this point and halfway down the steep section of trail I was met by a Honda Accord with a teenage driver rallying up the road really well I thought. He stopped and asked me in the middle of a twenty degree steep section of 4WD road I the road got any worse ahead. I laughed! 1:53, 7.0 miles, 1,700' vert.

Weekly Summary: 18.0 miles, 4,300' vert.

No comments:

Post a Comment