Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Mar. 06-12, 2011


03/08/2011: Harriskat to Cadot. Then out Old Dublin Rd to the Junction with Jacquith Rd. Then returned by Kings Hwy. Nice views, great weather (high 20s and sunny) feeling good. Was able to comfortably stretch in the back of my truck. 1:17, 7.0 miles, 1,000' vert.

03/10/2011: Harriskat/Cadot/Old Dublin/Kings Hwy loop. Was in the zone for the first time in a while. I usually suffer a bit but today I was able to daydream while running. A bit slow on the ascent but ran it pretty fast nonetheless. Not as much postholing as on Tuesday. 1:00, 5.0 miles, 1,000' vert.

03/12/2011: Kings Hwy, and Old Dublin Road. The trails were quite soft to do the loop. Tried twice and each time decided that I would need to posthole my way to the summit of Skatutakee. Running on the road was fun though. Rocked the tunes and just zoned out. 0:49, 5.6 miles, 300' vert.

Weekly Summary: 17.6 miles, 2,300'

The second official week of training for the summer of 2011. I am getting an earlier start and I am starting with a good base that I worked on by running about 10 miles a week all winter long. So far I am feeling pretty good. I was shooting for 15 miles this week and was able to surpass it a little. I am not going to push it that much this upcoming week so I will be shooting for a long run of about 8.5 miles and 20 total miles. I'll take whatever vert I can get but it will depend on the snow freezing solid again. The forecast is calling for cold nights and warm days for part of next week so maybe it will be possible to get some good vert!

I think my racing this winter has improved my speed. Makes me wonder if I can run 50s or even 100s faster. It is early to be formulating goals for the upcoming races this Spring and Fall. I plan on waiting until the races get closer and then see how my body is doing before I decide on how much I want to push it. I hope to be in condition to attempt to run a fast 50 or 100 at least for one of the races. Fun will be the number one priority as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment