Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Mar. 13-19, 2011




03/14/2011: i wanted to run Mt Monadnock one more time before leaving NH so I made my long run of the week the Pumpelly Trail. It was great running once I got on the actual trail. I spent maybe a half hour postholing around on poorly packed ski and snowmobile trails. Just about the time I was about to give up I found the trail and it was perfectly packed for running. Microspikes worked extremely well, even on the rock ledges of the summit. When I took them off to descend from the summit it was not long before I stopped to put them on again. The amount of time reflects my posthole adventure in the woods. 2:36, 10.0 miles, 1,900' vert.

03/16/2011: Kings Highway/Old Dublin Rd out-and-back. Winter mix while running. Felt sluggish through the run but was able to enjoy most of the run anyway. I was still recovering from Monday's run. 0:51, 5.6 miles, 300' vert.

03/19/2011: Skatutakee Loop by Harriskat and Cadot trails. Mushy down low, Cadot trail was actually down to ground though the ground was pretty much mud. Not easy going but still had an alright time when finished. Lungs and heart are feeling better after frying them with this week's long run up Pumpelly. 1:05, 4.8 miles, 1,000' vert.

Weekly Summary: 20.4 miles, 3,200' vert.

A big week with a fair amount of vertical gain. So far the body is feeling pretty good with the training ramping up like this. Hopefully it will continue to feel good even though the mileage that I am running right now is higher than I had hoped to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment