Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekly Run Log - Sept. 05-11

9/09/2010: Parked at the junction of 2b and 2 up California Gulch and walked on 2 until it turned to dirt and then switched back on roads that were questionable as to whether they were public roads. 15 minutes walking then a stretch session. No markings. Ran for 25 minutes after stretching out and back to the same little pullout. Rehab is going well!

09/10/2010: LCing a course at Halfmoon Pass Trailhead in the Holy Cross. Ran 20 minutes total with 400' vert on the Mt. of the Holy Cross Trail (Trail 2009, also called Halfmoon Pass Trail). Short and strenuous and normal pain only!

It was almost three weeks after the 100 that I could run again for short periods without pain (or normal pain anyway) in my joints. I tried running several times within this week but I have aggravated the tendonitis in my left knee every time I tried. I suspect that I could have whittled down my recovery to two weeks if I had just gone out for power walks of various lengths to rehab the knee. Regardless, it is nice to be out running again exploring new areas again.

No comments:

Post a Comment