Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Starting Line

For several year now I have enjoying writing about my adventures in special journals dedicated to skiing or trail running. I don't know why I hadn't thought of blogging before now. I just makes sense to post my adventures for others to see. I will do my best to present my accounts in an engaging manner!

Perhaps it is because I am introverted by nature but I like to reflect upon my bigger days in my favorite activities. Not only does it provide me with a source of pride to read my memories of my accomplishments but it also provides me with a way of processing these accomplishments to take away the bigger learnings. Each activity that I engage in (Telemark Skiing, Trail Running, Mountain Biking, etc.) requires skill and planning in order to do well. Doing well makes me feel good on many levels and therefore I make every effort to learn about the activity as soon as possible. This generally takes the form of reading and practicing but reflection plays a major part of learning. It pairs the reading and practice to accelerate performance. I will probably be thinking aloud (processing) in many of my posts but I promise to go back and edit out the more boring parts!

For now I will probably typing up old journal entries from past adventures and posting them. I only have a few that I can think of right now that are publish-worthy so I suspect there will be some current "events" posted soon.

So thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy.

Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment