Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekly Run Log - Jan. 02-08, 2011


01/05/2011: Skatutakee/Thumb loop. Gray ice and bare ground where people have walked on the trail. Several inches of crusty ice in the surrounding woods. Overcast but great views nonetheless. I think the strenuous run up Crotched was good training. The uphills seemed to fly by today! 1:08, 4.5 miles, 850' vert.

01/08/2011: Crotched by Link/Summit/L Link/Shannon's. The running was actually really good. Snowed a little bit while running. The trail itself was uneven, icy, and beat down but the Microspikes ate it up. He snow off the side of the beat down path was about four inches of breakable styrofoam which, besides a slick glissade surface, was the best downhill running surface I have ever run. Took the spikes off for the last mile and a half and it felt a little more squirrely underfoot but I still was able to do a Kenyan impression for a short while on the Link and felt good. A very fast day! 1:27, 6.8 miles, 1,300' vert.

Weekly Summary: 11.3 miles, 2,150' vert.

Though there is less variation in where I choose to run these days I am still finding adventure in the changes that I make to my equipment systems and the conditions that are changing frequently. With my equipment I feel that this week seemed to go better than previous weeks. I epoxied the screws into my shoes with Loctite plastic epoxy. I have done two runs now without losing a screw (though one seems to be backing out). I exchanged my medium size Kahtoola Microspikes for size small and they stayed on for the entire Crotched run. Both the screws and the Microspikes are on probation still.

This week I have discovered that I need to stretch more and drink more water. This will be the goal of the week. To stretch more before I get an injury. Should be easy to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment