Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year

I created this blog back in September (I think) as a way of documenting my adventures. I am not so sure that I have done that to the fullest extent that I could have. I have realized that this has become a weekly run log and nothing else despite having skied a few times. I had imagined this blog as a place to write about discoveries and rediscoveries. A place where I could process my learnings on skills, gear and on philosophical ideas. I called this blog "The Focus" because it is focus that I have and I had thought that this focus would manifest itself in hours of writing about my latest discoveries. I think it is time that I tried to get back on track. So I am going to pontificate a bit about a realization this week.

This week at the end of one of my shifts (around 7 am) I decided that I was not going to stay at the resort and ski and that I was going to drive home and run instead. The reason being that my knee could not handle the abuse of work followed by skiing and running with little recovery time before work started back up in the evening. I realized that for the first time in seven years I chose something over skiing!

For the last year or so I have been telling people that I am married to my skis and my running shoes are my mistresses. It would appear that for the moment my mistresses have more of my focus than do my skis. This was a big event in my life, chosing running over skiing. Is this a permanent change in my life or is this just temporary? I honestly don't know. I guess we will need to wait and see.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment