Saturday, December 25, 2010

Weekly Run Log Dec. 19-25, 2010

12/23/2010: Ran the McCabe loop down back the proper way. There were some cool ice bridges that made for easy passage over the brook. I wish I had more energy but I work nights - and I am quite dehydrated. At least I am still getting some trail running in! Screws worked well e en though I lost one. I am going to start removing them as I think I have too many in my shoes. 0:26, 2.2 miles, 100' vert.

12/25/2010: A fun Christmas run up Crotched by way of the Bennington Trail. Out to the ledges and back by Upper Link. Between 3 and 5 inches of snow. The studded shoes worked surprisingly well though I wonder if Microspikes would be slightly more appropriate. I would do it again with either. A good test. Let's continue. Beautiful views today although mildly overcast and crisp. Saw 2 mm Surface Hoar on much of the snow up top! I'm closer to Colorado than I thought! 1:04, 4.0 miles, 1,200' vert.

Weekly Summary: 6.2 miles, 1300' vert.

'Twas a short week mileage-wise. But I did work all days but Christmas Eve. I figure on any given night I might slog anywhere from 3 to 5 miles on gun runs.

Screws seemed to work well. I lost a few on Crotched Mountain. I will replace them and see if they come out again. I might need to use some sort of epoxy if need be. I am not worried about making some permanent winter shoes. These Vasque Transistors are too tight in the middle and too long anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment