Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekly Run Log - June 05-11, 2011


06/05/2011: Fivefingers exploratory run around the Switzerland Trail Trailhead where I have been camped for almost a week. Ran downhill on the ST until a steep unmarked uphill cutoff to the where the ST loops around. Ran out 237C to 237I and back by the ST by way of the "parking lot." Feeling some soreness in my right calf from the massive vert I have been running lately. 0:29, 2.0 miles, 200' vert.

06/06/2011: Ran the Mesa Trail from Chautauqua to Big Bluestem Trail. Got a semi late start. I should have checked he weather but I knew I had gone wrong when I woke up and was able to walk around comfortably without a shirt on at 8 am at altitudes of 2,500' above the City of Boulder. The run was hot and there weren't many cars in the parking lot but I still parked quite a ways away. I figured if it were further to where I had parked than it was to the overflow on Baseline maybe the Boulderati would leave me in peace when I was getting ready to leave. Not so. When I got back to my truck the lot was full and people were bugging me for my spot despite it being closer to park on Baseline. My non-faith in people is restored. At least the run was fun if hot and humid and more rolling than I had hoped for an easy day! 1:50, 8.4 miles, 1560' vert.



06/08/2011: Ran Bear and Green loop with Brenden: Mesa, Fern Canyon, Bear West Ridge, Green-Bear, Greenman, Ranger, Gregory Canyon, and Baseline trails. Whew! Lots of vert, starting out pretty worked already, and lightly hungover, these combined to make it pretty difficult. I am taking at least one day off now. Weather was perfect. Bought some celebratory shoes at Boulder Running Company. Can't wait to try them! 3:16, 11.5 miles, 4,000' vert.

Also ran the small loop of the Switzerland Trail near where I camp. Couldn't wait to test out the Montrail Rogue Racers that I just bought! 0:08, 0.5 miles, 100' vert.

06/11/2011: "Excursioned" to the Colorado Trail and back by the Highline. Took some side trips as well to see what the snow situation is. The trail to the CT is runnable but the drifts are too deep and long to make it worth running the CT to Rock Creek. I would guess that we need maybe a week of good weather to melt it down to a reasonable level in order to run the loop. We'll see. 1:30, 6.5 miles, 1,300' vert.

Another "2fer" day with a second run in the new Rogue Racers that I bought at Boulder Running Company. Ran out-n-back to the end of 110B off Halfmoon Rd. 0:23, 2.5 miles, 50' climb.

Weekly Mileage: 31.4 miles, 7,200' of climb.

At the end of this week I am feeling some soreness in my right calf. I took two days in a row off this week and it may have gotten better but as of right now my legs feel a little slower than usual. I am sure it is from hammering Bear and Green so much in Boulder (in the week and a half that I was there I ran Green three times and Bear twice). But I have also been battling with overtraining. Hard to believe with such low mileage but, then again, my mileage has skipped all over the place often ignoring the 10 percent rule. I am going to need to think on this one. In some ways this is good so that I can figure out my body for future training seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment