Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekly Run Log - Oct. 03-Oct. 09


10/03/2010: Ran my old favorite run from the cottage to the summit of Mt. Sunapee by way of the Goshen Trail. Took about :50 to get to the summit. Technical and loose made worse by loose leaves that obscured the loose rock underneath. Views of Lake Sunapee were pretty amazing. Longest run since Leadville. 1:34, 7.0 miles, 1,500' vert.


10/07/2010: Dublin Trail up Mt. Monadnock and back. Another run I have enjoyed in the past. Not the best trail for running because of the scrambling one must do near treeline. It was toward the tail end of a rain cycle so I took it easy on the wet rocks. The clouds opened for a brief time on the way down showing a nice view. 1:28, 4.8 miles, 1,700' vert.

Week 5 Totals: 11.8 miles, 3,200' vert.

It was a strong week of running. These were some of my favorite runs from visits in the past. They take advantage of the few mountains in the area that offer the most vert (Sunapee offers about 1300' and Monadnock offers about 1700'). I will probably be running them often but will probably want to find a new trail to run to the summit of Monadnock. I will probably be checking out the Pumpelli Trail if I can find a place to park.

Right now I am just trying to keep running two or three times a week. Maintenance miles. The goals are to raise the heart rate and strengthen ligaments and be able to do longer runs upon my return to Leadville. 

No comments:

Post a Comment